- 1 (4 pound) frozen duck
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of dry sherry
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
1) Thaw duck in refrigerator until partially thawed. The skin should be soft, but the insides should still be frozen. Take duck out of wrapping and stab 15 to 20 times. Make sure the holes go past the fat and into the meat. This is very important for the marinating process.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix 1 cup sherry, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Place duck in the mixing bowl. Spread the sherry and olive oil all over the duck. Cover the mixing bowl, and refrigerate until completely thawed (works best over night.)
3) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove duck from marinade, and remove the neck bone and the giblets from the inside of the duck. Spread some of the marinades inside. Rub the outside of the duck with 3 tablespoons olive oil and oregano, rosemary, and basil. Pour remaining 1 cup sherry into bottom of roasting pan, and place duck in pan.
4) Roast for about 30 minutes per 1/2 pound (cooking times may vary.) Baste every 30-45 minutes.
Comment below and let us know how it turns out!
Do you have any wild game recipes you’d like to share with us? We’d love to see them! Email your recipe to email@example.com, and your wild game recipe could be featured on our blog! Please be sure to include your name so we can give you proper credit.