- 2 pounds of lean ground venison or beef
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar-based curing mixture
- 1 1/2 teaspoons barbeque seasoning
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons of hickory-flavored liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1) In a large bowl, combine ground venison, salt, MSG, hot sauce, curing mixture, barbeque seasoning, water, liquid smoke, garlic powder, and pepper; mix thoroughly. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2)Line food on dehydrator trays with plastic wrap. Pat meat mixture into a very thin layer on the trays. Place in dehydrator set according to manufactures directions. Once the meat has firmed, after about the first 2 hours, remove it from the plastic, cut into strips, and replace onto the racks. Continue until the meat is done drying, about 5-10 hours total depending on the machine.
3)When finished, blot off any grease with a paper towel. Store in the refrigerator in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Comment below and let us know how your deer jerky turns out!
Do you have any wild game recipes you’d like to share with us? We’d love to see them! Email your recipe to email@example.com, and your wild game recipe could be featured on our blog! Please be sure to include your name so we can give you proper credit.